Welcome To Gtk+ WebCore Project Home Page
About Gtk+ WebCore
Status Of The Project
Gtk+ WebCore is not active anymore. It is superseeded by WebKit/Gtk+, new port of WebKit browser engine. Gtk+ WebCore shouldn't be used anymore. WebKit/Gtk+ is based on the same code, but is in active development.
- For more information about WebKit, see http://webkit.org.
- For building WebKit/Gtk+, see WebKit/Gtk+ build instructions.
Gtk+ WebCore is in early alpha state, where almost all of the features of rendering engine are ported. Project is released, because it has reached a level where it can be tested, used in own projects and in other ways evaluated.
Most of the work done in Gtk+ WebCore by us is related to the Qt -porting (KWIQ) layer. HTML rendering code is almost identical to WebCore by Apple.
Since the original release, not much has been done to improve gtk-webcore. Lot of things have happened in Apple's open source project WebKit.
Gtk+ WebCore is implemented in C++ and C (in relevant parts).
Gtk+ WebCore works in Linux/Gtk+ environment. Required libraries include glib, Gtk+, GDK and Pango from GNOME libraries. For http-networking project uses libCURL.
Components Of Gtk+ WebCore
- KHTML, a html rendering engine. Ported from KDE KHTML and Apple WebCore.
- KWIQ, a qt adaptation layer implemented with Gtk+. Ported from Apple WebCore.
- NRCit, an embeddable web component using KJS, KHTML and KWIQ. Adapted from Apple WebKit.
- osb-browser, an example browser implementation which uses above components. Written in C and uses Gtk+ GUI-library.
- Kimmo Kinnunen firstname.lastname@example.org